Microsoft has finally released a file Windows 11It is the new generation of the company’s operating system for computers. In addition to shipping on new hardware, the operating system can be applied to existing PCs and comes as a free upgrade for those with a Windows 10 PC.
Since the system is practically an upgrade from the previous OS version, installing the new one is very simple. Here’s how to install Windows 11 on your PC using official tools from Microsoft. For those who already have Windows 10, the process can be done with just one piece of software, a bootable pendrive file or a system image, with no additional software required.
Microsoft makes available on its website an official tool for downloading and installing Windows. The program can either be used to update an existing computer or to create installation media for other devices, such as a USB drive or DVD.
Below, you can learn how to use the official Microsoft tool to install Windows 11 in either case. Note that you do not need an activation key to download and install the operating system, but you can license the operating system later with a key.
Install Windows 11 on your PC
The simplest way to install Windows 11 is to download a file Microsoft Update Tool On the computer that will receive the operating system. The procedure is very similar to that for Windows 10 updates.
- between no official site Windows 11 download;
- click in “Download nowWindows 11 installation wizard;
- Open the program which will be downloaded and followed step by step;
- If your computer is compatible, click Next to continue with the installation;
- The installer also lets you choose whether or not you want to keep files that are already on your computer. If you only want to keep the files and perform a system upgrade, select the Keep files option;
- With everything set up, click “Installations“
- The computer will need to be restarted for the system to be installed;
Create a USB stick or ISO with Windows 11
The official Microsoft tool can also be used to create Windows 11 installation media. Thus, you can create a pen drive or DVD to apply the operating system to other computers.
According to Microsoft, the ideal option is to use a file At least 8GB drive To perform the installation of the operating system. If you don’t have physical media, you can install directly with the ISO file on your Windows 10 PC, but you will need to download or transfer the image to the computer that will receive the new system.
Learn how to create a Windows 11 USB stick or ISO using Microsoft:
- between no Official download site Is Windows 11;
- In the “Create Windows 11 installation media” section, click “Download nowand save the program to your computer;
- Select option Create installation media (flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another computer.
- Select your preferred Windows 11 version, language and architecture and click Next
- Then select whether you want to create a bootable USB drive with Windows 11 or an ISO file and click Next to complete the setup. The pen drive must be connected to the computer to perform the procedure.
- To download an ISO file directly, enter a file Microsoft . site and go to option “Download a Windows 11 disk image (ISO)”.
Installing Windows 11 from an ISO file
For those who use the tool to create an ISO, the Windows 11 image file will be saved to your computer after the system download procedure is done in the official Microsoft tool. In addition to allowing installation from DVD or USB disks, a system image can also be used to automatically apply the operating system to your computer.
To install Windows 11 using only an ISO file on Windows 10, follow these steps:
Windows 11 can be installed directly from the ISO, without the need for a bootable pendrive.
- Download Windows 11 ISO file with Microsoft . site or other source of your choice;
- After downloading, find the Windows 11 ISO file on your computer, right-click and select “Upload”. If the option is not available, select “Open With” and “Windows Explorer”;
Run the “Setup” application contained within the Windows 11 ISO to start the installation on the PC.
- With the ISO file folder open, click the Setup executable to continue installing Windows 11.
- Follow the installation menu steps as shown in the above tutorials.
“Web geek. Wannabe thinker. Reader. Freelance travel evangelist. Pop culture aficionado. Certified music scholar.”