On Thursday (23) the UK government confirmed that the country’s Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, had tested positive for Covid-19 after meeting with the Brazilian delegation that went to New York to participate in the United Nations General Assembly.
On Monday, Johnson received President Jair Bolsonaro and members of the Brazilian government. Among them was Health Minister Marcelo Quiroga.
On Tuesday night, the Ministry of Health reported that Quiroga has Covid-19.
Prior to receiving the diagnosis, Quiroga participated in at least the following events:
- had pizza with escorts on the sidewalk (since President Bolsonaro had not been vaccinated, Brazilians could not eat in the lounge);
- Attended the meeting with Boris Johnson.
- Meet with investors.
- He met with First Lady Michele Bolsonaro with representatives of victims of rare diseases at the headquarters of the Brazilian Mission to the United Nations.
- he went to the reception of the Brazilian ambassador to the United Nations (on the way out, he made obscene gestures to the demonstrators);
- He went to the United Nations building during Bolsonaro’s speech;
- Accompany Bolsonaro on a visit to commemorate 9/11
Anfisa asks Bolsonaro to isolate himself
Anvisa (National Health Monitoring Agency) has recommended that the Brazilian government keep the authorities that have been in contact with the Minister of Health in isolation for 14 days.
Quiroga has been placed in quarantine in New York, while the rest of the delegation, who tested negative, have returned to Brazil.
Among the authorities that have been in close contact with Quiroga in recent days are President Jair Bolsonaro and Ministers Luis Eduardo Ramos (Secretary General of the Presidency), Anderson Torres (Justice) and Gelson Machado (Tourism).
Watch the most watched videos of g1
“Friendly zombie guru. Avid pop culture scholar. Freelance travel geek. Wannabe troublemaker. Coffee specialist.”