Windows 11 will be released on the fifth of October, but as planned, Microsoft continues to release updates for the previous version of the system. Users of Windows 10 21H1, 10 20H2, v2004 will be able to get rid of a number of bugs that have infected prospects, such as sudden crashes, with the optional update KB5005611, which was released on Thursday (30).
The update allows users to test out fixes before they become part of a core patch that will be introduced starting October 12, one week after the release date. Windows 11.
According to the Microsoft blog, the update changes the Windows 10 version 21H1 to 19043.1266 and changes the versions of Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 10 v2004 (which will end support in December) to 19042.1266 and 19041.1266, respectively.
Microsoft will support Windows 10 until 2025. (Source: Microsoft / Reproduction)Source: Microsoft / clone
The patch features a number of bug fixes and improvements, highlighting Outlook issues, fixes from the News and Interests popup, and syncing the clock to daylight saving time. Check out other notable features:
- Fixes a bug in Microsoft Outlook that prevents you from typing an answer.
- Resolves blurred news and interests icons at certain screen resolutions.
- Updates an issue that causes News and Interests to appear when you right-click on the taskbar, even if you have this feature turned off on your device.
- Removes any distortion in the sound that it causes Cortana And other voice assistants record.
- Fixes an issue that causes your device to stop working after restarting it.
- Fixes a bug that prevents apps from saving data when the taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen.
How to install the patch
The KB5005611 patch must be installed manually. (Source: Windows 10 / Reproduction)Source: Windows 10 / On
The KB5005611 patch is an optional update. This way, Windows 10 will not install the update automatically. To do this, follow the steps:
1. Click the start button.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click on the “Update & Security” option.
4. Windows Update will provide available updates. If the KB5005611 patch does not appear, click Show all optional updates.
5. Select “Download and install” in the KB5005611 patch.
“Web geek. Wannabe thinker. Reader. Freelance travel evangelist. Pop culture aficionado. Certified music scholar.”