Ubisoft announced the shutdown of multiplayer servers for 15 of its older games on September 1. With this said, the owners of the game are like many of the Assassin’s Creed of PS3Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell: The Blacklist will not be able to enjoy playing online.
According to the publisher, the action was taken so that the company can “focus its resources on delivering great experiences to newer or more popular players.”
Additionally, content that cannot be unlocked through Ubisoft Connect (maps, skins, etc.) will be disabled – meaning there will be no way to purchase them after September 1st. Finally, the ‘Units’ and ‘Challenges’ for the respective games will be terminated on Ubi Connect – the user will not be able to earn Units by completing certain tasks.
Check the list of games whose multiplayer servers will be closed:
- 2070 (PC)
- Assassin’s Creed II (PS3 and PC)
- Assassin’s Creed III 2012 Edition* (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed: Liberation HD (PC)
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations (PS3 and Xbox 360)
- Driver San Francisco (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- Far Cry 3 – 2012 Edition* (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)
- Ghost Recon Soldier (PS3 and Xbox 360)
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PC)
- Rayman Legends (PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360)
- Silent Hunter 5 (PC)
- Space Buffs (PC)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3, PC, and Xbox 360)
- ZombiU (Wii U)
*: The modified version will not be affected.
Still worth noting is the case of Ghost Recon Soldier. To enjoy the single player campaign, the player will need to put his console offline, otherwise it will not work.
This is the second time in the year that Ubi has announced the shutdown of legacy game servers. In April, the company released a note revealing that It will end online support for more than 90 titles.
Ubisoft will be at Gamescom 2022
Ubisoft has confirmed its presence at Gamescom 2022, a German event that will take place between August 24 and 28. There, the French publisher has to provide some news regarding its games. Find out more here!
“Web geek. Wannabe thinker. Reader. Freelance travel evangelist. Pop culture aficionado. Certified music scholar.”