A general strike in Argentina, called by the CGT, on January 24 led to Brazilian regions canceling flights that day, according to a CGT survey. g1 On the Gol and Latam websites. Azul does not operate in the neighboring country.
The survey conducted by the report revealed 33 round-trip flights between Brazil and Argentina were canceled on January 24 The search was conducted on Saturday morning (20).
In Gol alone, 22 flights are scheduled to be cancelled, while in Latam g1 There were 11 canceled routes and one with a delayed status.
In a memo, Gul sent guidance to travelers whose flights were canceled and explained that the decision was necessary, as… The strike will affect all airport activities in the cities where the company operates (Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Mendoza and Rosario), “making flights impossible.”
LATAM's memo only mentions “possible cancellations” of round-trip flights between Brazil and Argentina on the 24th, and also notes alternatives available to travelers with canceled flights.
Guidelines from Joule and Latam
The airline has informed that its customers' flights will be rescheduled to other dates and They will be able to make the change for free and may ask for a full refund..
“Customers who have booked tickets for this date will receive communication via email and SMS, according to the data provided at the time of purchase, and can now self-manage their tickets on GOL’s digital channels,” the company says.
- The company also said it has set up additional operations for January 25 and 26;
- If you have any questions, passengers can contact Customer Service Center on 03001152121;
- For customers in Argentina, the contact number is +55 11 3471 2973, with service in Spanish from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Gul says that anyone who bought a ticket through travel agencies should contact their representatives directly.
The company informed that affected passengers will be able to use one of the following options:
- Change date/flight: There is no penalty (return) for the new travel date up to 15 days after the original date;
- Payment: They can be requested without penalty for all unused tickets.
The airline also advised passengers to periodically check the status of their flights on the website.
Javier Miley speaks for the first time at the World Economic Forum in Davos
Court suspends Miley government's labor reform
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer.”