Hey WhatsAppWith over two billion users worldwide, it is an essential communication tool today. However, we often want to read received messages without the sender knowing that we are online. If you are also looking for this privacy, here are some simple tips that can help you.
1. Read messages using tools
WhatsApp has tools that allow you to read messages directly from the home screen of your smartphone. Follow the following steps:
- Tap on an empty space on your phone's home screen until the Widgets menu appears.
- Find the WhatsApp widget and add it to your home screen.
- Now, you can view recent messages without opening the app.
2. Airplane mode trick
Another very effective method is to use “Airplane Mode” on your cell phone. This method is easy and fast:
- First, go to your device settings.
- Turn on airplane mode. This will stop all your network connections.
- With Airplane Mode activated, open WhatsApp and read messages without worry.
- This is a safe way to read messages without the app updating your online status. However, remember that while using Airplane mode, you will not be able to access the Internet for other activities.
3. Disable read receipts
Finally, there is the option to disable read confirmation on WhatsApp. This prevents others from knowing when you read the message. To do this:
- Go to your WhatsApp settings.
- Choose the “Account” option, then “Privacy.”
- Disable the “Confirm Read” option.
- This action can be undone, but keep in mind that when you disable this function, you will also not see confirmations of your sent messages.
Respond to notifications
Additional advice, especially for users iPhone, is to reply to messages directly from the notification bar. Press and hold the notification to answer, so it doesn't appear online in the app.
“Web geek. Wannabe thinker. Reader. Freelance travel evangelist. Pop culture aficionado. Certified music scholar.”